Total Pageviews

Monday, May 18, 2009

Courtesy is no more at Save More?

Bought a few items at Save More Supermarket before going home. The woman behind me who had two items kept on making parinig that she was in a hurry. Hindi na nakatiis, she asked the man in front of me, "Kuya, puwedeng mauna." The man just smiled and replied, "Maghintay ka." After a while, she repeated her request. "Kuya, puwedeng mauna. Pinabili lang ng manager ko." The man said, "Eto nga, para sa nanay ko, eh."

I was waiting for her to tell me the same thing and I would have answered back, "Sabihin mo sa manager mo, siya kaya ang pumila."

So, in short, it didn't work. She was still behind me. The cashier and the checker seemed to be taking their own sweet time. The woman said, "Miss, miss, puwede pakibilisan." To my surprise, the cashier replied to no one in particular, "Dun ho sa kabila, maikli ang pila."

Aba, aba at sumasagot pa. I should have told her, "You know it's not the point. Whether the line is long or not, huwag kayong magchikahan while working." But I remained silent.

Eto pa. While the man in front of me was waiting for his change, here comes a bagger (or clerk, I don't know what to call them) who just barged into the counter to retrieve the used baskets. As in dire-diretso. Hindi nga ako tumabi, I was waiting for him to say, "Excuse me." But no, he just got the baskets and when he couldn't get through (nakaharang kasi yung mama sa harap ko), he just stood there.

Finally, nagalit na ko. "Hindi ka kasi nag-e-excuse, eh. Kaya hindi ka niya pinapansin." What do you know, he had a smart answer: "Eh tinitingnan ko na nga siya, eh (referring to the other man)." O di ba? Short of saying, makuha ka sa tingin.

Whatever happened to courtesy, huh, Save More?

8 comments:

  1. had a similar experience yesterday. Adri, She and I bought a few items during lunchtime, so we checked in at the "basket" counter, coz I assumed that it will be a faster lane. But no!! The cashier was talking with somebody else, I think "binisita sya ng isang friend". Wow!! makipagchikahan ba while having a customer. Di na lang kami naka react ni She, but if looks could kill, may binuburol na ngayon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah well, since they're all contractuals anyway, baka dun na lang bumabawi kasi walang job security.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jokie>>>kakaloka di ba. eh minsan after office, pagod ka na and gusto mo na umuwi, tapos ganito pa ang ma-e-encounter mo huhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. @tita>>>well...still it's not an excuse not to do the job right. kasi meron namang mga supermarket personnel na kina-career talaga ang trabaho nila. i can name some in shopwise na i make it a point to call them by their first name kasi gusto ko ang attitude nila sa trabaho

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magaling mag-multitasking ang SM cashiers. Daldalan (kung hindi sa bagger, sa cashier sa kabilang counter) while tagging the items you bought at pag wala silang bagger, basta-basta na lang itatambak mga goods mo nang walang kapararakan sa bag. Kainis! Pag-uwi mo ng bahay, nilupak na yung butter mo...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can always say something in a nice way, if they don't pay attention, I will say " I taught customer is always right??" If I don't shop in this store you will not have a job."Honey" (believe me I'm in that situation a lot of times)Mama Bee

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥