Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

It’s in the bag

I love bags. Period.

As a carry-all mom, I like them big because I can put everything inside. Thank God for bag organizers, I won’t have to turn the bag upside down or dig inside helplessly for my cellphone or my wallet, or mints. I love the pockets to hold the items as I always bring with me the following:

  • Band-Aid
  • Biogesic
  • my anti-histamine meds
  • Rosary
  • Globe Tattoo
  • 2 USBs
  • Menthol cone
  • Tissue
  • Wipes
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Cologne or perfume
  • Calculator
  • Scrunchie
  • Compact mirror
  • Business card holder
  • Planner
  • Pens
  • Comb
  • Make-up kit
  • Cellphone charger

Needless to say, I always have a bag hook too.

I also like them small – the kikay bags and wristlets - especially when I’m just out for a walk or coffee or movie.

I prefer sling bags especially when I do some grocery-shopping and I need both hands free.

As long as I like the design, the color and the feel, I’d go for it. Of course who wouldn’t want to own an LV or Hermes, but they’re way way out of my league, as they are too expensive for me, certainly not for poor old me. I have nothing against knock-offs either. It’s an aspirational thing, nothing wrong with that as long as you don’t show it off and pass it off as an original. Mind you, there are replicas which are also a bit pricey.

I also love eco-bags and even paperbags.

It must have been a certain fondness for anything “champ” – Champ Lui Pio, Jollibee Champ, but not the People’s Champ please (although I like his wife Jinkee. Team Jinkee!), but I really am crazy over Longchamp. It’s actually the first time that I ever fell for a certain brand. I used to say that once I get one, I’d be happy and satisfied. But no, when I got my first LC, I wanted to buy more! Currently, I have four Le Pliage – 2 medium/short handle (taupe and black) and 2 medium/long handle (bilberry and red).



I hope I'll have money to buy any of the following on my wish list (read: hindi bawal ang mangarap):



1.    Planetes – raisin, medium or large
2.    Le Pliage Insects – bilberry or black, medium/long handle
3.    Le Pliage Arbre de Vie – navy, medium

Aside from its spokesperson Kate Moss, celebrities spotted carrying a Longchamp bag are:

1.    Katie Holmes – one of my style icons
2.    Kate Middleton
3.    Rachel McAdams
4.    Solenn Heussaff
5.    Kris Aquino



Images courtesy of:
  • www.longchamp.com
  • www.longchampsale.com
  • http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/479287/katie-holmes-and-longchamp-le-pliage-large-tote-bag-gallery.jpg
  • www.marieclaire.com
  • http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/151355/rachel-mcadams-and-longchamp-le-pliage-large-tote-bag-gallery.jpg
  • www.cosmo.ph
  • www.youtube.com



6 comments:

  1. ate che, hindi ko talaga maisip what's with longchamp? i haven't seen one. pero usong-uso nga sya. i-sales talk mo nga sya sa kin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be your diaper bag, Ate Roxi. Carry-all siya. Sana may LC boutique diyan sa inyo, pag nakita mo yung goods, maloloka ka hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. AY meron palang stores diyan - TANAGRA - Al-Kout Mall Shop M20-22 Mezannine
    Al-Kout Mall Fahaheel; THE VISITOR Airport Mall Departure area Farwaniya; BOUTIQUE LONGCHAMP MALL THE AVENUES GROUND FLOOR AL-RAI KOWEIT; TANAGRA Tanagra Arraya Center Shop AC GL 14 Ground Floor Arraya Center
    Sharq...sabihin mo sa akin how much diyan ha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahaha. O sige. I-check ko then sabihin ko kung magkano ang LePliage line. Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. yung Le Pliage, ang price range niya nasa 4,000 to 6,000. Sa Rustan's at Landmark, super mahal.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥