Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 14, 2013

#YolandaPH


I'm supposed to be one of the emcees of our company-wide Broadway-themed Christmas Party and 103rd Anniversary celebration on Nov. 29 at the Bellevue Hotel. So I had a simple dress made for the occasion - my first time since I usually would buy off the rack. 

But due to Super Typhoon Yolanda, management decided to cancel our party and make a donation instead for the typhoon victims (on top of collecting cash and in kind donations from employees). 

We hold a company-wide party every other year (in between are Divisional parties). The last one was in 2010 at Dusit Hotel. I was also one of the emcees but I was not able to attend due to my father's death. This year would have been a great time to party but "...more than our need to celebrate Christmas together is the need to be sensitive and responsive to the situation of our colleagues and countrymen." 

As I picked up my dress, I told this story to the shop assistant. I was surprised when she took 10% off the price, saying "Eh kasi hindi na kayo matutuloy." 

God bless you. God bless all of us. Like cream, we will always rise to the top. #MagandangAraw

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥