Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Words from TheGoodGirl: Memory Jars


Inside my mind
And heart,
There is a library of memories.
The memories are contained in jars,
Categorized into years
And persons.

There are memories
(or years or persons)
That I choose not to remember at all.
They’re in the shadowy recesses of my mind,
Like dark aisles in a library.
I keep them there as I don’t want to be reminded
Of experiences or moments
That were humiliating,
Frightening,
Hurting
Heartbreaking.

Such memories, unfortunately, never leave.
They just stay in our consciousness:
A person of the past
Death
A failed relationship
Insecurity or fear...
And you just push the jars back.

In a visit to the library,
I recently opened one,
Without realizing the consequences.
The memories rushed out,
Like a flood.
I was not able to control the outpour,
I was carried away
And got lost.

Yet after the initial deluge,
I sifted the experiences
And as I go through each moment,
All I could do was to stop and stare in awe,
And remember (everything) in wonder.

Yes, you are here again
And I'm back to square one now.
I opted to replace the lid
And close the jar,
Returning it to where it belongs – the past.

Yet I am setting aside another empty jar 
Waiting for you to fill it up again.
This time,
With forever.

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥