Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sleepless in Shuttle


On our way to the office this morning, I was telling Alex about my van ride yesterday. How I disliked the girl who sat beside me. She’s chubby, and probably years older than Cae. From the back, she transferred to the front row, so I assumed she would get off before us. But no, she was still there when it was my turn. I waited for her to move, I think I said “Excuse me” twice. She wouldn’t budge. “Excuuuuuuuusssssse me,” I said again. Aba, ayaw pa rin. The other passengers were already looking at us. Then I said, “Parang ayaw mo magpababa ah!” Then I didn’t wait na, bumaba na lang ako (kasehodang matamaan sya) and slammed the door. I knew she was staring at me, I wished I stared at her back and said a few more things, but I didn’t care anymore.

My point was, kung hindi ka naman bababa agad and you chose the seat near the door, then expect that somebody else will get off ahead of you, so be prepared to move or allow them to get off. I do that – a lot. Otherwise, dun ka maupo sa likod. If you don’t want to be disturbed. For me, it doesn’t matter if the person is older or younger than me. If I’m blocking his or her way, bababa ako. It’s just the way things are. Magpapadaan ka talaga. Isa lang ang exit eh. Pare-pareho lang tayong pasahero at hindi tayo ang may-ari ng sasakyan. Where are the manners of this girl? Parang mommy na lang nya ko. I told Alex I would have understood if it were raining, syempre she’d get wet. But it wasn’t. Plain laziness and bad manners.

Alex said, Magblog ka nga ng shuttle etiquette.” Lol.

I have a lot of van adventures – funny, infuriating, minsan mapapailing ka na lang, di mo alam kung maiinis ka or matatawa. If there is phone or email etiquette, there must be ‘shuttle etiquette’, too.

People who are talking loudly over the phone, hindi kaya sila nahihiya na marinig yung conversation nila? I hate that. Pwede namang mahina lang.

People who snore. Wow. Ako ang nahihiya whenever somebody does that.

People who talk loudly with each other. Ah excuse me po, when you’re tired after a day’s work, parang ayaw mo ng maingay. Or is it just my age?

People who kept on complaining about the heat inside the van, or how it is too crowded. Please. Normal na po ang siksikan, ganun talaga. Apatan kung apatan. Don’t blame the other passengers. Ayaw pa umusog. Eh di bayaran mo lahat para wala kang katabi. Or better yet, buy your own vehicle.

People who are sweaty. Ewwww. Ang lagkit kaya.

People who don’t smell good. Naman.  No explanation necessary.

Guys na nakabukaka. Ano ba namang ipitin mo yan, sakop mo na lahat ng upuan ah.

People who wear earphones or are stuck to their headsets na dinig na dinig ng lahat kung gaano kalakas, hindi tuloy marinig na may bababa.

Parents na may kinakandong na bata, kahit masikip na. Ibayad ninyo na yan. Especially if they’re taking too much space. I don’t mind crying babies, it’s not their fault. And I don’t mind children who talk a lot during the trip. Ok lang yun. But sometimes, natatapakan ka, or nadudumihan ka ng shoes nila. Sorry na lang.

Yung iba naman, pasakay pa lang, “Sa ano lang ako bababa.” Ano ba yan, hindi pa nga sumasakay, bababa na agad? Lahat gusto maupo sa bungad. May sasakyan bang puro bungad??? If you can picture in your mind the flyer used by the Wright brothers, ayun pwede yun.

But there is still some goodness inside the shuttle, in all fairness. People who are nice, people who initiate small talks, especially senior citizens or older ones who smile at you. Guys who smell good, na parang gusto ko nang sabihan ng, “Boss, pakiss naman, ambango eh.” People with manners, who say ‘excuse me’ and ‘thank you’. People who open the door for you, or echo your “Sa tabi lang,” when the driver didn’t hear you. People who are considerate. People who are good-natured, hindi mareklamo.

I know some will not agree with me, kanya-kanyang opinion lang naman yan. And there are some who find my adventures amusing. It's ok for me to commute, no big deal. I am used to that. I grew up taking tricycles, jeepneys, buses. Commuting or taking public transport may be a challenge, it’s a jungle out there, but we can still practice good manners and right conduct to enjoy the ride.


~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥