Total Pageviews

Friday, October 30, 2015

Radiate Happiness

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson



The other day, we were discussing the ranking/s of some popular blog sites. And my boss jokingly asked, “So, where’s therealgoodgirl?” And Tina said that my blog is all about goodness and good things only. Thank you, Tina, for taking note of that. It is. It certainly is. 

Then I remembered I have not blogged at all for almost a month now.

What do you write when you have nothing to write about?

I’ve always said that there is a lot to write about. There is so much to write about. It is ironic though that you could get a lot of inspiration when you are sad, in a bad mood, or feeling crazy. Somebody once said that it’s difficult to forget pain, and it’s even more difficult to remember sweetness. “We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”

So what do you do when you are happy? Sometimes you end up just enjoying that feeling, that good mood, those positive vibes, those pleasant emotions that you forget to write about it. Or sometimes you are embarrassed to share or show it.

But when I am not blogging, I write on my journal. There, I could shamelessly express my feelings, without having to share everything to the whole world. They say that journal writing, especially when you write about positive stuff, brings out the best in you – emotionally, physically, mentally. My “happy writing” is all about joy, gratitude, peace, hope, pride, amusement, inspiration, awe, and most of all, love. It could just be a line or two. Or paragraphs. It could be a note or a letter. Or poetry. I wish I knew how to compose a song. But Taylor Swift, I am not.

American author Tom Bodett said that a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.

Humans are designed to be happy. It’s easier to express happiness though when you speak or simply narrate your thoughts. It’s harder to put it into writing and bring it to life, in a way that you radiate happiness to other people. Sometimes the written words are not enough. But always remember, in any way you can, spread happiness, radiate positive vibes, and leave a sparkle wherever you go.

~TheGoodGirl


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥