Total Pageviews

Friday, February 15, 2008

Marc and Rovilson...you're Team #1! Simply Amazing (TARA Season 2)



Episode 13
After crossing multiple continents, and gracing the shores of 10 countries, from Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, Hungary to South Africa, three teams have made it to the top three spots, but only one team can win The Amazing Race Asia...

I am an Amazing Race addict but never have I been more captivated by a specific season (well, except the one won by Freddy and Kendra) than the recently-concluded (on TV that is) The Amazing Race Asia Season 2.

Well, not just because of Marc and Rovilson. What the heck, ok, I admit it, it's all because of Marc and Rovilson. There. Marc Nelson has been here in the Philippines forever. But I never did take a good look on him. I'm not even a Sports Unlimited fan. All I know is he's Patricia Javier's ex (and eventually ninong of her son), Dyan Castillejo's partner (hindi kaya sila nagkakadevelopan was what I remember asking once), and that he's not a Filipino. I never appreciated him until he became the half of Team Philippines TARA 2. Rovilson Fernandez? Gameplan and Maxim. That's about it.

I've always thought we (I mean, they) would win, landing first in almost all legs. But hey, it's a race and it's anybody's ball game. Adrian and Collin were lucky dudes. Who would have thought that memorizing a book of flags when you were a kid would mean $100,000 someday. Yesterday, Alex asked if we were going out and I said, "What? On an Amazing Race night? Let's just stay home and watch the finale."

During commercial gaps and bites of pepperoni pizza, Cae & Alex would laugh at me for being so stressed out. "It'd be so heartbreaking if they don't win," I kept saying. "It's so good to be true," Alex said. For the entire season, whenever a task would entail jumping or diving or biking, I would just shrug my shoulders and say, "Wala yan kina Marc." Even driving was a breeze for this guy.

Too good to be true indeed. We didn't win. But it was enough seeing them carrying the Philippine flag as they race to the final pit stop. Yeah baby, congratulations! You broke my heart on Valentine's night, no less. But I still love you anyway.






See you at the next pit stop, TAR(A) fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥