Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Rice up to the challenge

Two months ago, Alex started his “no rice” challenge. Well, he’s been successful so far although sometimes he rewards himself with a cup or two every week-end or when he’s playing badminton for the needed carbo.

 

I recall having the same diet four years ago; I minimized my rice and soft drinks intake, realizing that those two were the main culprits why I was getting big. I was down to 110, my ideal weight. Look at my “before” photo to see what I mean>>>

 

And then I gave birth in 2005. Actually, I think I was doing good back then; my body went back to its old form right away, as neighbors would tell me. I was all right at 120 lbs. despite the common perception that it takes a long time to recover after a pregnancy. Ako naman, ok lang. Take a look >>>

 

Perhaps, I was too “kampante” that I haven’t been watching out my eating. Yup, I’ve been having too much rice, soft drinks or iced tea and fruit juices. I so love C2 and other sweetened tea drinks. More so, I am a chichirya addict. Everyday I would buy E-Aji and Oishi potato chips (sour cream and onion, plain salted, hmmm) and munch on them while my daughter and I are “attending” our GMA Telebabad session. This is me now .>>>

 

One day I just decided I would try to cut down on rice again and simply put, to go on a diet. I am not getting any younger and it’s difficult to lose weight at this point. I hate going to the gym although I love to dance and exercise. One of our regional managers gave us a copy of Bump and Burn and Shawn T’s Hip Hop Abs. I would just have to find the time to do it on a regular basis. Diet pills and other supplements which promise weight loss are either too expensive or too scary for me. Meanwhile, I’m quite hesitant to take up badminton again because it’s been 3 or 4 years since I held a racket. I don’t know if I can still hack it. So for now, I’m concentrating on what goes inside my body.

 

To go back to 110 lbs is just not possible, all I want is just to shed off some pounds and inches to fit into my Medium clothes again. I certainly don’t want people to think I’m Caehl’s grandma when I’m just Cae’s “older sister”. Besides, I have an image to protect, ehem.

 

I so love challenges. Wish me luck on this, won’t you?

1 comment:

  1. hay lalo naman ako palaki ng palaki... di bale, may reason pa naman ako ngayon e, nyahehehhe
    kaya mo yan ate!!! nakaya mo nga noon e! inggit ako a

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥