Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mom onstage

Last Sunday (October 25) is hopefully the last Sunday we will accompany Cae to take her college entrance exam.

First was UPCAT last August, next was DLSU entrance exams last October 11 (this time with my sister Lea as official chaperone), and finally, USTET. Imagine waiting for a four-hour exam to finish, and you’re not even the examinee. Mas gusto ko pa yata mag-exam kesa maghintay. Alex and I just scheduled some errands on the same dates para sulit yung gasolina and that we have something to do in between. We even went to places we do not normally go to – like SM Harrison, SM San Lazaro, and 168 Mall.

We told Cae, “Last na ito, ha?”

Friends sometimes tease me for being a stage mom. Stage mom ba talaga tawag dun? Di ba normal lang yun? I remember my parents bringing me to UPLB for my own UPCAT, and Mama was with me when I took the USTET.

My kumpareng Marc texted me last Sunday. “Parang mas kabado yata ang nanay.”  Yeah, I texted him back, “Kasi itong si Cae, laging pa-easy-easy.”

Kumareng Eyna said her inaanak will ace it for sure, “Mana yata sa ninang.” I texted her back, “Mare, parang mas kinabahan ako dun sa sinabi mo.” The rest of my Punks barkada (Ninong Volt, Ninang Pie, and Tito TJ) texted me back and wished the best for Cae. Same with my UST Journ senior, ex-officemate and good friend Len. Thanks, Lola Len, from squirt. And hey, most of Cae's godparents are from USTe (asan na nga ba ang mga kumare at kumpare ko, ha???) nga pala.

But the wait isn’t over yet – the exam results will be out by January 2010.

Until then, Mom is just at the backstage. NOT!!!

Arrrghhhhhhh.

8 comments:

  1. Stage Mom ka nga Ate Che! I remember my college entrance exam tests, ako lang ang nagpupunta. Mami just tells me which jeepney to ride, which bus to take, etc. etc. (Kasi naman, lahat ata ng colleges in-exam-an ko. Hehe.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. magka-college na pala si cae. goodluck sa exam. talagang ganyan, kami rin ni tito roland, laging kasama. si ela, lahat din ng schools kinuhanan ng exam (UP, DLSU, PLM). si roxi, 2 lang (UP & DLSU), si raf, 1 lang (UP lang). kung bumagsak eh di wag daw mag college. lahat sila inagapayan namin. kailangan nila moral support eh. konting aral, at maraming dasal, nakukuha yan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, di me remember na nag-exam si roxi sa ibang schools, natatandaan ko lang UP & DLSU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe ok lang yan tita emer, baka iba ang paalam ni roxi sa yo :p pero tama lang naman na may suporta ang magulang di ba hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. hala! hindi a. nag-exam din ako sa mapua diba? eto naalala kong sinamahan mo ata ako, ma. kasi diba yun yung mapanghe yung corridors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can't remember. yun ba yung malapit na school sa DOST? basta, nag-exam din ako dun sa malapit sa DOST.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥