Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Whatchama-CAEHL-it III (The Organizer)

Yesterday, Caehl didn’t want to go to his OT session. When I asked him to pick the clothes he will wear (which he usually does), he won’t.

“Do you want to wear this,” I asked, showing his Pinoy Lab shirt.
“No.”

“How about this?” This time, I pointed to his gray “summer” shirt.
“No.”

When I showed his green Tazmanian Devil shirt, he said no again. “Mommy will just pack (them) away,” he said. But I laid them out on the bed just the same.

When it was time for him to dress up, his Nanay Ev said Caehl put the clothes back in the drawer. “I don’t like to go,” he said. “I want computer.”

I told him Teacher Dana will look for him. “Teacher Dana will miss you. Di ba, you will cut paper, you will have massage…”.
 
Knowing how he likes organizing things, I asked him instead to enumerate the activities he was supposed to do that day. “1. Building Blocks 2. Go to Festival Mall 3. Buy book…” and so on and so forth.

That seemed to pacify him. He asked for a paper, saying he will write them down. “Marker please.” (Pentel pen pa ang gusto.)

My mom and sisters always say he takes after me when it comes to organization. He likes having a schedule and following it exactly. He hates unplanned things and he wants everything organized.

Here’s what he wrote (or maybe you can just read it from the photo):
CAEHL SATURDAY
BUILDING BLOCKS
FESTIVAL MALL
BUY BOOK
BUY CAKE FOR MAMA
GO HOME
EAT
SLEEP
WAKE UP
COMPUTER

And we left home in peace, ready to take on the day’s activities.

 

 

2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥