Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cae will be ok

Just this morning, Cae was off to an overnight camping with her BFFs. And as early as now, I am missing her already.

I watched Alex watching her walking away and I saw myself probably doing the same way when she embarks on college life this June.

From her kindergarten class up to Grade 4 (I think), my former bosses have been so gracious to allow me to take my vacation leave during her first week in school so I can accompany her. I would usually just stay in the waiting lounge, reading magazines or watching corny cartoons together with nannies, grandmas and fellow moms.

Two or three of these fellow moms have remained acquaintances of mine. We would bump into each other during school activities. I saw one of them just before Cae's graduation and we congratulated each other. It seems like only yesterday when we were both waiting for our daughters in the lounge. Another even called me up asking advice on universities. She was giving options to her daughter but the latter didn't want to go anywhere else but UST. I told her, "Siyempre biased ako sa  UST, but it's still up to you."

Time came when Cae told me she'd be ok without me. Actually she was really ok by herself with or without me. My siblings would always describe Cae as quite an independent gal. At age 2, my aunts would "borrow" her from us to stay in QC, and she was fine. I would always worry about her but yes, she was always ok.

Now that I'm worrying again about her as she would start commuting all by herself from our place to Manila, perhaps I'd keep that in mind. Yes, she will be ok.

But I'll still be here, watching her. All she has to do is look over her shoulder and I'll be here.


2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥