Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The winner takes it all

The 6/55 Grand Lotto jackpot, expected to reach Php535M, remains elusive.

Almost everyone I know has placed their bets, hoping to bag the biggest ever jackpot prize in PCSO history. Veteran and neophyte bettors line up to the nearest lotto outlet. “Libre naman ang mangarap,” they would say.

Alex’s aunt texted him a couple or three sets of numbers to bet on. I too asked my helper to place a bet on my behalf, only to find out my sister has asked her earlier to do the same. Pabalik-balik na siya sa lotto outlet.

According to Inquirer.net, “The odds of winning a 6/55 lottery are mind-boggling—one in 29 million.”

Believe it to win it, says another Inquirer article.

There was a time when I said aloud in the office, “Wala pa kong kilalang nanalo na sa lotto.” At least I was referring to those who won more than Php20 (balik-taya) or 500. Then, Abi, who seats a few feet away, replied, “Kami.”

It turned out her father is a longtime lotto believer. I can’t remember how much they won but she said in jest that if you compute their winnings versus the money spent on previous bets, “Baka mamaya, break-even lang.”

Dette, another friend, said in her FB page that she too went to a lotto station to bet, and she didn't know what to do.

So what will you do if you win Php535M?

Some people say it’s too much. To win even half of it is already adequate. “Kahit may kahati ka pa, ok lang,” said Nanay Ev.

Me? I’d pay off my loans, get more insurance policies, buy more properties, and give what my parents and siblings want – no questions asked, no conditions.

Was it Donald Trump who said, “Everything in life is luck”?

Whoever will win it is surely the luckiest guy in the Philippines. Balato naman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥