Total Pageviews

Friday, June 6, 2014

School Opening Musings

And so it’s School Year 2014-2015.


I only have one student now – Caehl, on his 3rd grade.

I remember when Cae was still in pre-school and grade school, I would always schedule my vacation leave on the 1st week of June (or in time for the school opening) so I can accompany my unica hija. It has become an annual tradition. Together with other mommies and nannies, I would stay outside CSA-Biñan, find my own nook and wait until dismissal. I would bring a magazine, buy snacks and chat with my own “classmates” for the 1st 5 days of school. This is where I met Mhel, Shae’s mom. Cae and Shae have been classmates/friends forever, inseparable until now. I love you girls.


Soon after, a lounge was built in the lobby which was more comfortable for us. When Cae entered Grade IV or V, she told me I could already “graduate” from this task, as she was ready to be on her own. That was sad, bittersweet. But Cae has always been independent anyway. I was just convincing myself she needed me.

Fortunately, I had Caehl later on, otherwise I would have no one else to spoil and attend to. With Nanay Ev around, I don’t need to, but I just want to be there, and do what I have been doing for Cae – even if it means just riding the trike with him, and watching my big boy pull his bag and enter his classroom. Plus enduring comments like “Daddy pala niya ang kamukha nya.” Sige na nga, gwapo talaga asawa ko. Ako, matalino lang LOL

With Caehl, I need not worry about enrollment, uniform, books, lunch because I have Nanay Ev to do it for me. I just do the financing, and (almost) everything is taken care of. Thank God for nanays of this world.

Welcome back to school!

~TheGoodGirl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥