Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Letters to Juliet


In the 2010 movie Letters to Juliet (starring Amanda Seyfried and oh-so gorgeous Gael Garcia Bernal), an American girl visits Italy and discovers a letter, one of the many letters left by heartbroken people at Romeo and Juliet’s Verona courtyard. If there were such letters, I am sharing that I have my own – written by myself for myself.

Some of them are happy, optimistic – written when I was in a fantastic mood, feeling light, hopeful and joyful and enthusiastic. Then there are the typical dark, poignant ones – written when, yes, things are not doing great in my life. I don’t know which outnumbers which, but these letters are my life. And if you are able to read one or even two, you would see through my soul. And you would know the real me - the stories behind my stories, the tales behind my tales. In the same way that I (literally) talk to myself, I write to myself because I want to see the feelings, experiences in written form – which I cannot express to another person or share with someone else. And in this way, I can let it out and give it life. And yes, immortalize it. 

Sometimes, I find the courage to go back and read them again. And more often than not, when I go over the not-so-cheerful letters, I cringe, I get embarrassed, I get mad. I find some funny though, like “Was this really me at that time?” Sometimes, the feelings and memories would go back. If you refer to my blog header, that’s what I really do mostly – sit by the window, staring at nothing.

But it works both ways. The better part I guess, is reading again the other set of letters. Happiness after all is contagious. When you surround yourself with happy people, smiles, laughter, encouragement, and most especially love from your family and people that matter, you can’t go wrong. And happiness, after everything has been said and done, is a choice. We have to choose to be happy and we have to keep choosing it.



~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥