Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 22, 2014

All I Want for Christmas



It’s the time of the year again when each of us is given a sheet of paper where we write down our Christmas wish list. This gives us convenience and saves us time in shopping for gifts for the family. It assures us too that the recipient really likes (read: wants) what he or she is going to get for Christmas.

Yet, I realize that every year, it gets harder and harder. I don’t know what else I want. I find it difficult to think of things that I would like to have. Not that I already have everything. I don’t. I guess I am just a simple girl who enjoys simple things. Please don’t remind me though of my LVs, LCs and pairs of Havs – those are my addictions. And luxuries, yes. But simple things make me happy. Like hankies and make-up, and make-up kits. Or shawls, scented candles and oh my, pens and paper (notebooks, note pads, post-its).  This must have rubbed off on my son, as I saw a “2015 Diary” on his wish list. Like who else but TheGoodGirl’s son would want to have a diary for Christmas. Only Caehl.

I guess what I really want are intangible things – like love, care, hugs. Good health. peace of mind. Safety. Encouraging words, pats on the back, and jokes, laughter and giggles. Time with family, and time with friends. Support from officemates. Inspiration to keep on writing. Phone calls, texts or Viber messages from loved ones. Sticky notes on my monitor or desk. FB likes, tags, blog page views, retweets, favorites. Photos. Voices. Things that touch the heart, and deeds that make me smile. And feel appreciated.

Nothing much, really.

But yes, I do want those 3 Francis Libiran designs for Havaianas – all three of them.

~TheGoodGirl

2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥