Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

If there are things better left unsaid, Love is not among them


Michael: Kimmy says if you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just...
Juliane: Passes you by...
-My Best Friend’s Wedding, 1997


Papa has always looked forward to getting a planner from me every December. As soon as my allocation from the office has been delivered to me, I would give mine to him. Mama said it was where she would (help him) mark his appointments, court appearances, and meetings. He would receive planners from other people, but he would always prefer using mine. Until 2010, when he passed away.

It’s been four years. And I miss him so. Weeks ago, when I got my planner and calendars, it was him whom I first thought about.

After he left, I found it difficult to write about him and his death, how it affected me, how it bugged me and how it continues to bug me up to this point. I was never able to tell him how much I love him when he was in the emergency room and still conscious, and when he was transferred to another hospital. I did not know that after he was wheeled inside the CT scan room, I will never be able to talk to him again. Of course, even if he was unconscious, we would take turns whispering to him, praying for him. But that was different. For me, it was too late. How I wish I could turn back the time, and tell him things I wasn’t able to say. I know he knew that I love him, but sometimes love is better said and heard. If there are things better left unsaid, I believe that love is an exception.

In this fast-paced and harried life of ours, we tend to forget to tell our loved ones how we feel about them. And sometimes, we even forget the actual feeling, as we are occupied with work, studies, problems, and stuff. We take them for granted. Sometimes we forget to express our appreciation to them for helping us, for taking care of us, for loving us, and for just being there. There are so many things left unsaid, that more often than not, it’s too late to tell them – they’re already gone.

Russian novelist and writer Fyodor Dostoevsky said, “Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid.”

The world is filled with unspoken words. Add no more. Maybe we should set aside some time to say what you feel and say the most important things to people who matter to you. Show them that you appreciate them, and what they do for you. Thank them. Spend time with them. And most of all, don’t forget to say you love them. Before it’s too late.

Papa, you are never gone. I love you. I miss you. And I will always be your Good Girl.

Atty. Leon Lajom Acuña
April 11, 1942 - December 11, 2010
Rest in peace...

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥