Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye, 2014

If loving you was a mistake,
Then it is my most favorite mistake.
If you are a "regret",
Then you are my most favorite regret.
---TheGoodGirl, 2014



My 2014 has been kaleidoscopic. So many colors, so many designs. There were bright hues, and then there were dark ones. There were clear patterns, and then there were cluttered ones.

At the same time, it has been like a roller coaster ride. There were times when my world was up, and then down. Sometimes the lows would outnumber the highs. Sometimes, it would just go on and on, and then would stop.


I lost a lot - time, words, opportunities, people. And I went through a lot.

At the end of the day, the colorful patterns shifted to reveal meaningful lessons and learnings. I am humbled by the loops, twists and turns, and free falls. I have fallen a lot of times, and then would gather the strength again to stand up. The pains and losses and rejections I encountered along the way have contributed to the person I am now. While I don't claim to be stronger and smarter, I still believe in love and in the power of the heart to mend, to heal itself after being broken, and in its capacity to forgive and forget, and to withstand sadness, distress, grief. And I still believe in all things good and beautiful. Hope is a good thing. And it is a beautiful thing to hold on to.


Goodbye, 2014. What a ride it was. What a kaleidoscope it was. I am leaving everything behind, with hope, with love, with all my heart.

Like Ellie (Jodie Foster) in the movie Contact (1997), "I can't explain it, but I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever. I wish I could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish."


Happy New Year to all my blog followers! May the year 2015 be a better one for all of us.

~TheGoodGirl

1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥