Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My heartfelt thanks to you, 2016

Good people are like candles. They burn themselves up to give others light.

Hindi naman ako masyadong...

Reading tweets and Facebook posts about saying goodbye to 2016 or not being able to wait to bid 2016 goodbye makes one think, how cruel could 2016 be or how badly has it treated you that you would want to quickly kick the year away and welcome 2017. “We couldn’t take it anymore.” “I will not miss you, 2016.” “Good riddance, 2016." “Be good to me, New Year.” But how about next year, shall you still say the same to 2017 in 2018?

Talking to Caehl about it, I told him that the best attitude is to be thankful, to be grateful for everything that has happened in the year that has just passed. To always count our blessings. “It’s not so bad.” At least, we are still here, alive and kicking. Despite going through tough and challenging and character-testing times.

My thyroid scare, for one.  Inasmuch as it scared the hell out of me, I came out of the episode appreciating than ever God’s love, my life, my health, my family and everyone I dearly love. It made me realize what (or who) matters most in this world.  It was almost like a new life, a second chance, a new beginning. And not all people get to experience that. When I thought I was going to undergo thyroidectomy, my fear was not being able to go back to emceeing / hosting, as the endocrinologist warned me that it might affect my voice. It cannot be, I said. Hosting has always been my passion, and my way to give back, by sharing with others the gift that has been given to me. And when the surgery did not push through, I promised myself that I will accept emceeing / hosting jobs as much as I can, as long as my schedule permits it. Because that's the only way I can pay it forward.

2016 was a happy year for me. I have my loved ones, I have my job. Yes, hate me if you will. I am one of the very few who look forward to Mondays. And why not, I love my job - it pays the bills. My children are always a source of pride and joy. And although I am growing older (the wrinkles and lines are showing, no grey or white hair though), I still am young at heart. And I still get to write. 

In 2016 too, I lost some friends along the way. Nagtatampo ako sa iba for choosing other people over me. Tried and tested years of friendship over new ones? But I guess, that's their prerogative. Maybe I have my shortcomings, too. I know naman when to hold on, and when to let go. Some of them, I had to give up and lose intentionally. Toxic na. And too judgmental. Maybe my friendship with them has reached its end. FO. Hanggang doon na lang. And may mga bagay na hindi pinipilit o pinipigil o pinipigilan. Ok na yun. We’ve had our good times to remember, and I will always treasure those times. In my memory jars.

In truth, it doesn’t matter if it’s 2016 or 2015, or 2017. Whatever year it is, always give thanks with a grateful heart. Always be thankful. And always learn from your experiences.

Continue to inspire people and always leave a sparkle everywhere you go. Be a better version of yourself. See the goodness in everything. And never lose hope – because hope is a good thing. All these and so much more – in 2017.

para sa kilay na hindi natutulog

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥