Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 28, 2023

9-28-2020

 9-28-2020. Exactly 3 years ago, I underwent surgery...and my life was never the same again.

As a DCIS patient, I am on HRT since December 2020 and will take the same meds for about 2 more years. I am also regularly seeing an oncologist to make sure my Stage 0 condition won't progress to the next...kaya pasensya na po sa mga umuutang, mahal po ang follow up ultrasound, mammogram and lab tests ko. 😔

I will be forever grateful to my former employer, InLife, for taking care of me...as you can see from the hospital billing on the photo, I paid 0.00 when I got out...I was admitted Sept 27 and was discharged Sept 29, na wala ni piso akong binayad sa MCM. InLife covered everything. Maraming salamat, InLife. And to my surgeon na sobrang bait, more than two years na follow up check ups, hindi niya ako siningil ng consultation fee ever! God bless you, Doc Kat.

To ladies out there, early detection is still the best protection. 

1. Don't take APEs and med results/doctor recommendations for granted. 

2. If you are postponing surgical procedures or any medical ek ek, kasi feeling mo mahirap isingit sa trabaho, don't. If you have the means, the resources, the support, unahin mo ang health (with emphasis on the means, resources - kasi baka ma-offend yung iba, sabihin porke ikaw nareimburse mo). 

3. You cannot do your job well kung may health problem or concerns ka. Araw-araw, may iniisip ka, may iniinda ka. Pano mo haharapin ang projects mo nang maayos? Hindi masama ang self-care.

4. I later on learned from my psychiatrist that this chapter of my life was one of the causes of my MDD/ depression. Sino ba ang hindi maaapektuhan o hindi mababaliw habang iniintay mo kung may cancer ka o ano. She also thought hindi ako nabigyan ng ample time to recover from the surgery. After 2 weeks na sick leave kasi, pumasok na ko. She felt it wasn't just right.

5. Pag nareremind tayo ng mortality natin, we start to focus on what matters, kung ano or sino ang importante sa buhay natin. Morbid? Scary? Yes, totally. Minu-minuto, lagi ko Siya nireremind na wag muna ko kunin, kasi kailangan pa ko ng mga anak ko. 😭😭😭

Life goes on...and the Lord is watching over us. Kahit minsan, hindi natin deserved. (You may read my past blogs https://therealgoodgirl.blogspot.com/2020/10/breast-wishes-part-1.html

https://therealgoodgirl.blogspot.com/2020/10/breast-wishes-part-2.html

https://therealgoodgirl.blogspot.com/2020/10/bre9ast-wishes-part-3.html

https://therealgoodgirl.blogspot.com/2020/12/breast-wishes-part-4.html)

May the Lord continue to bless us all. 

#talesofthegoodgirl








No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥