Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hail to Hale!

I've been on a last-song-syndrome mode with Hale's Shooting Star for almost three weeks now (thanks to MYX and my daughter's CD).  And after hearing it LIVE - as in "in person" last night, I think I've fallen for Champ and could die anytime.

I've always thought Champ was suplado. Well, I've no basis actually but it was just a judgment based on his penchant for really pretty girls like Anne Curtis and Bianca King, and maybe, comparing him to funny and bangkero-type lead vocals like Jay Contreras and Chito Miranda, he is surely a calm and reserved one. But he proved me wrong after their mini-concert in Bisaya Republik, Pacita Complex (July 28, 2007).

The minute they walked in, using the side door, which was just one step away from our table, Cae goes, "Oh. My. God." And we were like, "Ampogi ni Champ, shet!" 

Hale did not disappoint me as they sang Broken Sonnet, Blue Sky, The Day You Said Goodnight, Kung Wala Ka, and many many more, aside from my current favorite Shooting Star. Again, thanks to MYX (my children's favorite channel. Yes, even Caehl is a MYX junkie, whatever happened to Sesame Street???) and Cae's CD-burning requests and CD collection, I knew most of their songs and it was wonderful to sing along with them. I was so mesmerized that I didn't notice that a guy was asking me to move my chair a little bit so he could pass through (I think he was nudging me for what seems a lifetime!  )

I didn't expect Champ to look so good, rosy cheeks and all. Afterwards, he was unfortunately mobbed by fans and he patiently signed autographs and posed for pictures. My daughter and I approached him with her Hale first CD album and he signed it thrice and even thanked my daughter. I took a picture of them like the stage mom that I am.

And yes, I'm now a fan - shamelessly. (See more photos at k3ht.multiply.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥