Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Where have all the LPG gone?

Weeks ago, my officemate Maricel asked if we ever experienced difficulty in buying LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) lately. She said there might be a shortage since her (and her in-laws') suki has not been selling LPG for three weeks now. "Kung saan-saan na kami naghanap." At that time, I could only joke, "Baka naman sa Cavite lang."

Actually, I was clueless. We bought ours before Christmas and we usually use it up one and a half months to two months. So right now, there's no need for us to buy yet, and I don't usually buy an extra tank (mahal kasi yung basyo, for one). Then one afternoon, another friend texted to tell me she'll be dropping by Festival Mall to buy an electric stove. I didn't know it was that serious. And hey, don't tell me pati sa Laguna may shortage?

Yup, so it turned out to be real. Even my mom said she's having her charcoal stove ready. She says they haven't been cooking dishes which take time to cook (e.g. nilagang baka). "Baka biglang maubos (ang LPG)."

And so, after quick trips to nearby appliance shops, I finally settled on a Wimpex double coil electric stove. Buti na lang, nagpatumpik-tumpik pa ko in choosing between Wimpex (P1,400 and up, meron nung coil at merong plate ) and La Germania which my friend bought, a single coil stove costing P1,700+. "Ganun na ba kamahal"?, asked Alex.

When I came back last Friday, wow, sale sa Shopwise! Instead of coughing up P1,400+, I got it for only P995 with a free non-stick frying pan. How lucky can you get. Well, lucky if I don't get to use it. Kasi yung kuryente naman ang tataas di ba. Pero hindi naman ako nanghihinayang. Compared to my peace of mind na ke may LPG stock or wala, I know that may malulutuan kami.

See related news items:
www.gmanews.tv/story/144866/House-probe-looms-over-LPG-shortage
http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ArticleId=435630&publicationSubCategoryId=63
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view/20090108-182235/No-LPG-shortage----DOE

6 comments:

  1. oo nga ano? sira pa naman yung electric provision nung aming gas stove. hmmm... sabihin ko nga kay tita yung electric heater na lang ang gamitin sa pag-iinit ng tubig pangligo. siguro, i-on ko na rin yung hot ng water dispenser. mas abundant ang supply ng kuryente kesa lpg kaya dun muna ko sa maraming supply for my other needs =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hino-hoard ata. kasi magtataas ng presyo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aba, pwede nang mag-asawa si roxi sa mga tips niya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sabihan ko na ba ang mcdonalds na maghanda sila? baka wala akong makain sa mga susunod na araw!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥