Total Pageviews

Friday, August 21, 2009

And I Love You So

Rating:★★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Drama
I can't remember the last time I really sat down in a theater to watch a Star Cinema movie, kadalasan sa Cinema One ko na lang sila nakikita (read: nakikita is different from napapanuod).

Also, I grew up listening to Perry Como (one of Mama's boyfriends) and the song "And I Love You So" is definitely an old favorite.

After hearing Kris Aquino's endorsement of the movie starring Bea Alonzo, Sam Milby, and Derek Ramsay, especially "to those in a relationship. Mas lalo ninyong papahalagahan ang partner ninyo." Uy, may kurot ito. So sige na nga.

Difficulty#1. Showing pa ba sa Festival. Cinema 2 daw, o sige. What time? I was hoping na mga 4pm-ish (after work). Ngek, 535pm.

Difficulty#2. Sino nga pala kasama ko? Definitely, I ruled out Alex. Hindi ko ito mayayaya ever sa mga ganitong movies. My officemates were busy with boxing. My kumareng Malou might not be available, considering napaka-short notice.

Cae solved or semi-solved the problem by telling me she and her friends will go to Festival Mall after their exams. Manunuod din daw sila sine. She was still inside Cinema 3, watching Up, when I texted her to go out to get her AILYS ticket from me. Susunod na lang siya after Up. So sige.

Actually, first time ko mag-isa. Pero sabi ko, baka naman konti lang tao. I was surprised that the theater was full. Hindi pa tapos yung 320pm screening. When it finally ended, the people had smile on their faces. Sa isip-isip ko, hmmm, mga Kapamilya kayo no? (To the uninitiated, I am proud to be Kapuso.)

Waiting for the movie to begin, ngek, ang daming tao! And people were still coming in!

I knew some tears would fall, ako pa na mababaw ang luha. Nadala ako sa mga eksena nina Bea and Ms. Coney Reyes (talagang may 'Ms.').

"Parang gusto ko nang maniwala kay Audrey na totoong pinalitan mo na ang anak ko."
"You may have loved him longer, but it doesn't mean I loved him less."

What I didn't expect (as I texted later to my friend Elmer who texted back if it was really like Hilary Swank's PS I Love You) was to gush over Sam. Ako pa? This is the first time I saw Sam act, and boy, ang galing pala niya. Si Bea kasi, given na eh. Si Derek, napanuod ko na siya in the past - maski ako, mapapabili ng Lucky Me Lomi after watching his TVC. Sam is indeed a revelation for me. As his character Chris shows his love for Lara, I knew every girl in the theater was wishing somebody would love her that much too. Siyempre, bonus na yung ganun din ka-pogi LOL.

Directed by Laurenti Dyogi

2 comments:

  1. although i haven't seen it, maraming nagsasabi na rip-off daw ng PSILY

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥