Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The Weighing Game

My daughter has always been an attention-getter. When she walks by, people would really notice her and stare at her with no effort from her at all. Laging pinagkakaguluhan - supermarket, donut shop, name it. She’s not really what you call “beautiful beautiful”, but she knows how to highlight her assets, has grown in the right places and has this effect on you, especially on boys. Her Dad and I would always kid her, “Para kaming alalay mo,” whenever we are walking together.

Perhaps that has been my greatest motivation in finally trying to lose weight. Not that I didn't feel good about myself. To begin with, I have a small built. Two pregnancies and perhaps, my being a couch potato and my laziness, account for the excess weight. For the past year or so, I have been on a no-rice diet but I am not sure if it did anything to me. I didn't want people to say, “Mommy nya yun?” in a tone that seems to mean, “Bakit hindi niya kamukha?” or “Bakit hindi maganda?” And when they see Alex, they would conclude, “Ah, nagmana pala sa daddy niya.” Hey, my daughter looks like me. But if I keep looking like this, they won't see that. This is my fear. Enough said.

I retained rice during breakfast, and would eat only a little during lunch and dinner. There would be cheat days, of course. But I also added exercise to my evening routine. Lunges, crunches, sit-ups and push-ups. I gave up 3-in-1 coffee as I was told they contain a lot of calories. But I still do take tea sometimes, and pineapple juice, and water with lemon or cucumber. I am addicted to sodas, but I think I can curb the addiction a bit.

After a while, I felt the difference. From a large size, I am now down to medium. And from 131 lbs, I am now 122. Although my waistline has become smaller, I still have this tummy. So I’m working on it, and on my arms. I’ve always been proud of my pair of legs. And even if my skin is not that flawless, it’s clear and fair. "Mommy, paliit ka na nang paliit," Alex would tell me everyday. At 43, I am happy with how I look and how people would tell me that I don’t look my age. Thank you so much. I hope you’re not just teasing me.

Parang sister mo lang si Cae. Objective achieved. At least, something is happening here. I can now wear the clothes I like, eat what I like, and I think that when I am with Cae, I would also get a few second glances and can still turn heads. And when they say, “Mommy nya yun?” I hope it’s said in awe and admiration – and could evoke inspiration. #MayIgagandaPaPala #PushPa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥