Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Something's Gotta Give

Erica Barry: I don't want my bearings. I've had my bearings my whole goddamn life. I feel something with you I never really knew existed. Do you know what that's like, after a 20-year marriage to feel something for another person that is so...? That... Oh, Right. Right. Not your problem. God. Do you know that I've written this, but I never really got it? Do you know what this is?
- Something's Gotta Give (2003)



Do you have, or have you had, a “eureka” or “a-ha!” moment?

Mine comes in the form of goosebumps.

I get goosebumps when I suddenly feel something life-changing, when I discover something, when I make up my mind to do something, when I finally say “This is it”, when I snap myself out of something, like when I've had enough and that has got to stop, I have to give it up, let it go or I have to move on. Something’s gotta give. Hell, yeah.

This is the signal I usually get when I have to make an important decision, and it’s not always a calm or serene moment. Sometimes there’s a war going on inside me and I don’t know which option to take or path to choose. Sometimes it takes a while before I say, “Ok, that’s it,” like a director yelling “Pack up” to his crew.

That’s the moment when there’s a tingling, hair-raising, prickly feeling that’s telling me something. I admit that it’s taken me quite a while to finally pay attention to the goosebumps. They've been popping up for sometime but I would always ignore them. But they are too frequent to overlook. There have been signs everywhere, without me asking for it. I knew that it was too good to be true, it cannot continue forever, and that something would happen sooner or later.

And I think this is it.

I’m going back to purple. And I think I will cry first.

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥