Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hello, February

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said...
And never explained.

And suddenly it’s mid-February.

I was alarmed when I visited my blog and realized I haven’t written since December, saying goodbye to 2014. Where did the time go? Anyare???

Let me see…in January, I got to see my high school batch mates (Liceo de San Pedro 1988)  in Hilda’s Luntiang Republika farm in Alfonso, Cavite. It was my first time to see Luz again, who’s been in Australia for a long time. It was as if nothing has changed. Two weeks later, I got reunited with my long-lost high school Statistics teacher, Sir Ven. It was great to see him after, what, more than 20 years. He’s still the same charming, generous, light-hearted teacher of mine. I got through Statistics, finding it easier than Geometry (which I almost flunked). Mean, median, mode. Frequency. Range. Sheez.  Being young, he was able to relate with us teenagers, tolerating our kakulitan, crushes, and childish ways. I remember buying this kind of paper used for this subject, which comes with either green or orange grid. Anyway, I’m glad it’s over now. I am not a numbers person and I will never be one.



Thank you, Sir Ven. I will see you again. I won’t forget the naughty sparkle in your eyes, when you teased me how spoiled I am by my husband. He said my energy matches, or balances my husband’s silent (or serious) demeanor.



In January, too, my daughter Cae started working. Oh my. I am now a mom to a working girl. At the start, she would complain about her (night) shift (her work hours until Feb something are 9pm-6am). She leaves the house around 6pm and gets to the office past 8pm. She gets home past 7am. She said she would die. Nak, don’t complain na, I told her. Ganyan talaga ang nagtratrabaho. Gusto mong magtrabaho eh. If anyone who works just mysteriously dies, I would have died a long time ago. I have tasted working since I was 17. And I am still as healthy as a horse. When she got her first paycheck, she gave me her ATM receipt. So this is how it feels. She still makes us proud, this daughter of mine. She says she has ranked first in the assessments twice in a row. I hope she keeps this up. Her dad says we have to keep on inspiring and coaching her, so she doesn’t get discouraged. Kuya Pogi, you’re in this, too. Thank you for being patient with her.




We were also lucky to have my Kuya spending the holidays with us. It’s been a year since he started working abroad. And for someone like me who’s glued to her siblings, being apart from him is really a big thing. I miss my Kuya a lot. On the day he was going back to the US, I was talking to him over the phone and it was difficult to fight away the tears. Take care always, Kuya. I love you so much.



Next is Caehl who topped the Spelling Bee and Quiz Bee for the Grades 1-3 level. Not that we were surprised. Stock knowledge, mommy, he would tell me. When his dad asked him, “Caehl, what were the words that were difficult to spell?” He said, “Uhmm, none.” He’s not being mayabang, mind you. He does not brag, he is just being himself. He thinks everyone thinks the same way like him. He thinks it’s normal to know about a lot of things. As a reward, he just asked for a lunch at Shakeys, a book and a DQ treat.




San Miguel Beermen finally got a championship. My Spiderman Arwind Santos was the Finals MVP.


Last month, too, I stood as one of the principal sponsors  in the wedding of my inaanak sa binyag, Kevin. He is my first godson. I remember it was after my college graduation in 1992. And it really was an honor and a pleasure to be invited as his ninang again.



In the workplace, it was nice to bond with my Sales and Marketing Group colleagues in Pico de Loro. Even though we were not able to enjoy the facilities owing to our hectic schedule (sayang ang bathing suit na dala ko), it was great to be in a carpool with 3 guys - Sir Rey, Bong and Marc. I was the only girl. We had a blast talking about ex’s. Walang laglagan, Sir Rey. Promise. But I had to share a question posed to me: Bakit nga ba kayong girls, ayaw ninyo kaming payagan kapag alam ninyong andun ang ex namin. Pero kayo, ok lang sa amin na pumunta kayo, kahit andun ang ex ninyo. Bakit nga ba? Hmmmmmm



I also celebrated my 19th anniversary with the Company. Yes, 19 years. I love Insular Life. Need I say more?



As an update, I tip the scale at 118 lbs as we speak. What a journey it has been really. From 127 lbs to as heavy as 131 lbs in 2013 to early 2014. Then in the 2nd half of the year, I was down to 122...to 120. Aside from taking small meals, I quit drinking 3-in-1 coffee. I have an exercise routine. And there's CarbTrim. You may refer to my previous blog The Weighing Game on my weight loss story.



And now, it’s mid-February. I have been praying for something for the longest time. He Up there has not given in, and He has not given it to me. Maybe not yet. Or maybe not ever. I don’t know. It’s up to Him. He knows my heart’s desires but He also knows what’s good for TheGoodGirl.

At any rate, I hope things will be greater, not only for this month but for the entire year. 

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥