Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2016

Brow-tiful

Because I promised to update you on my brow-tiful (eyebrow embroidery) experience…

I had my retouch session with Tin Lucas / Eyebrow Embroidery Manila last June 12. Yes, Independence Day at that! Seeing Tin again is like meeting up with an old friend. She inspected my brows, and drew points and lines where she said she will improve on, fix and fill in any areas needing correction or modification. I asked if she can extend or darken a bit the ‘begin brow’ of my left brow and she asked me to draw it so she can see what I meant. And this time I was prepared, I brought my contact lens kit so I can remove my contacts before the procedure, to allow my eyes to rest as they’d be closed most of the time. Waited 45 minutes to allow the numbing ointment to take effect, then the browjob began.

It was still a painless procedure, but you can feel the strokes of the needle as it mimics the direction of my real brow hair. I don’t know if it’s because it was the second time already, but I felt it was shorter, faster this time. She handed me the mirror to ask if she was able to do what I wanted with my begin brow, and yes, it was ok. Wow, this time, I saw blood on my brows (during the first time, I didn’t) but it wasn’t scary, don't be alarmed. My brows were swollen when I was putting on my contacts. “Talaga bang ganyan ka-red?” I asked Tin. I was worried I looked awful because I was going to the mall afterwards. I kept on asking Alex if I looked alright. And he said I looked fine.

This is me after the procedure, and having lunch in SM SouthMall (click on each photo for a closer look):







Again, I was not to wet my eyebrows for at least 24 hours. I was advised to use the A&D ointment until they are healed. Just after a week, they are ok and I was surprised that it took me just about a week for healing. I showed them to my husband, “Parang ang bilis gumaling this time,” I said. “Baka hindi na masyadong nasugatan, unlike the first,” he said, but he asked me to ask Tin if that was normal to be sure. Tin said, healing varies from person to person. “Iba-iba,” she said. I also said I was just worried that I did something wrong, or I wasn’t following instructions right. Maybe it’s because of my regular Vitamin C and E intake. Whatever.

My brows after a day:



After two days:

After six days:

All I need is lipstick and these beautiful brows :)

After a week (just after taking a shower):


After almost 2 weeks:


Two weeks after:



I am really happy with this experience. And for entering the wonderful world of eyebrow embroidery. I didn’t realize that this could change my life. Well, it sounds dramatic, but for someone who does her brows every day, this is just amazing. My only objective and all I ever wanted was to have brows right after waking up, or taking a bath/shower, or washing my face. And it was achieved.

In our President's birthday luncheon, Rico, a good friend and one of the bosses, said he has long wanted to visit me. Why, I asked. "Para makita yang kilay mo."

The clincher was when Bong, a male colleague, after a meeting, told me, "Pam, I can say now that I have finally seen the famous eyebrows. At last I have seen them in person. And it's true, ang ganda nga." That cracked me up. 

After the meeting
I still use my L'Oreal Brow Artist, though, to further enhance them. I even bought a new brow tool from Etude. I guess, old habits die hard. But to use a stencil or to take minutes just to shape them, then erase if I don’t like them, nah! No more of that. No more smudging, smearing or fading after swimming, jogging, sweating, working out.  My brows look natural and subtle, and I just love them. I love the days when I am make-up free and all I need is a lipstick and I’m ready to go.

It’s only semi-permanent so my brows will be with me for two years. And after that, I might need a retouch. I’ll save up for that again. Until then, they make me look great! And I feel great, too.



If you are interested in having permanent make-up, 3D brows, eyebrow embroidery, eyebrow tattoo, feathering, stranding (however you call it), make sure you do your research thoroughly – choosing the tattoo expert, or artist/cosmetic technician, procedures, cost, advantages and disadvantages. Consider most importantly yourself and your readiness – are you afraid of needles? of blood? How’s your pain tolerance? Is your skin sensitive? Don’t be afraid. Don’t be shy to ask around. Every day I see more and more eyebrow artists emerging, check out Facebook so you can compare. Permanent make-up is like a normal thing nowadays, it’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Bottom line is, you’re doing it for yourself. It’s perfectly alright to look good and feel good. And that’s something that cannot be taken away from you.

For my previous blog entries on my browjob, please visit:
You can also get to know Tin Lucas at
Kristine's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/kristinelucasmakeupartist/

~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥