Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2020

#CoviDiaries


It’s June 1, 2020 tomorrow. Has it really been 77 days?

Never in my wildest imagination that I would spend 24 hrs a day at home nang ganito katagal. Well, maybe i-minus ko na yung 2 hrs for a one-time grocery run last March 21 and a less-than-ten-minute ride from my house to the ATM last April 18. Yes, bilang na bilang and kabisadong-kabisado ko because excluding those 2 instances, I have not really stepped out of the house at all, kahit sa church yard or sa street lang namin. Not even to my mama’s house which is just 5 blocks away.

So what else have I learned during this quarantine period? What shall I do or what do I want to do after we go GCQ starting tomorrow?

I’m not yet asked to report or work onsite. But there’s still the dependency on internet. We have a Globe broadband at home (for everybody’s use) and a PLDT Home DSL (exclusively for Netflix). But for work, I use Smart prepaid mobile data, and my personal Globe postpaid plan. Magastos beshie.  Yung plan ko, doble ang bill LOL I was not able to get the prepaid cards I ordered from our Purchasing last Feb kasi nga nag-quarantine na before they could serve the request. Hopefully makuha ko pa sila after this. Minsan, intermittent kaya frustrating. Nag-e-exam ako, and finished all 20 questions kaya lang…hindi na-submit. Sayang mga sagot ko, feeling ko perfect pa naman. Joke. I miss our LAN at the office. Nakakamiss din mag-office – yung aircon especially. And knowing na andyan lang ang Festival Mall, coffee shops, Manong’s.

I have not been able to cook every Sunday. I thought I would have all the time na magluto. Pero hindi pala. Gusto ko na lang magpahinga pag weekend. I also try to order food pag Wed and Sat (araw ng labas sa barangay namin) para hindi na kami magluto and just focus on errands.  Kakainggit yung mga posts on home cooked meals. I have divided them into three categories: dati na nagluluto or regular na nagluluto, hindi nakakaluto or walang time pero marunong, and yung hindi marunong magluto dati pero ngayon marunong na or napilitan na. 

Akala ko rin I’d be able to binge-watch since nasa bahay naman. Hindi rin pala. Hindi pwede magpuyat because you still have to work the following day. Kaya I see to it na makanuod on Friday nights and weekends.

Ang dami ko na rin nabili online and from online sellers LOL disposable and washable face masks,  our Korean hotpot and grill, prepaid load, vitamins, contact lens, contact lens solution, bath towel, beer, pizza, cold cuts, veggies, merienda, lahat na yata. Cabinet pati cabinet dehumidifier kasi kawawa naman mga bags and shoes. Donations din because we have to give back, share our blessings kahit paano. Pati itong Lifetime table na gamit ko, which I use pag gusto kong lumipat ng puwesto. Nakakaumay din kasi sa home office.

Which brings me to another topic. Dati, 630 pa lang, ready to work na ko. I am used to a 7am-4pm schedule. Kaya lang, inaabot na ko ng 5 or 6pm. To avoid burnout, might as well start a bit late, like 8am.

Oh well, if ever someone will ask me kung ano ginawa ko during quarantine, I wish I could say wala lang. Nagpartey partey lang. Relak relax. Bakasyon engrande. Yung totoo? Proud to say walang naaksayang sentimo sa pinasweldo sa akin. 8 hrs a day, up to 10-15 hrs pa minsan. Holiday, weekend, araw, gabi. Dalawang eStore, an API project, two products at may singit pang admin work. But I thank InLife for being there for us and for caring for us. I still have my job and I need my job more than ever. And yes, I am just 8 months away from my 25th anniversary.  Akalain ninyo yun.

A Blessed Sunday to all. Food delivery for today | T-bone steak, baked cheesy tahong, spicy shrimp gambas, sizzling tofu and beef caldereta from Pepper Chops | May 31, 2020 #lifeandloveinthetimeofCovid #talesofthegoodgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥