Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

B(r)e(a)st Wishes Part 1

SEPT. 28, 2020. Exactly a month ago, I was picked up from my room at 930am (after being prepped by my nurse "Ariane." Of course, her name isn't Ariane but she reminded me of an officemate) and was wheeled into the operating room for my 10am surgery. 🏩

I waited, slept on and off, comforted by the presence of the kind OR nurse whom I named “Kate” on my mind as she also reminded me of another officemate, until the doctors arrived an hour and a half later. My anesthesiologist asked me jokingly, ano pong naramdaman ninyo nung nagnegative kayo sa swab test? Para po ba kayong nanalo sa lotto? 😁😁😁

The last words I heard were, Matutulog na po kayo. 😴😴😴

I am not sure if 'Kate' woke me up or if I did so myself, but she said ibabalik na ko sa room. I asked for the time (malabo mata, walang contacts so I couldn't see kung anong oras na sa wall clock). One-thirty po, she said. The procedure lasted for an hour and I was dead to the world for another. 💤💤💤

Once back in the room, I peeped inside my hospital gown and saw that I was wearing a binder wrapped around my chest. My surgeon called on me after a while, saying I could eat already and that she will have me discharged the following day. Our initial agreement was I could go home that same day. But she advised me to rest for another night, as the cavity was deep and that if ever it hurts so bad, at least I have nurses to attend to me. On and off I slept, checking my phone for messages, telling my loved ones that I made it and that I'll be home Tuesday instead. i thought nareplyan ko na yung iba, only to discover that I fell asleep and hindi pa pala 😁😁😁 I asked for mushroom soup from McDo (even though I can have solids already), as I wanted something warm. It was hard to move around with the IV, but you just have to get by...to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥