Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mental Snapshots - An Introduction

Sometimes there are so many things happening in a single day, some are trivial and some are worth recollecting when you’re about to pray and sleep at night. The happenings during the day make me laugh, smile, or frown. Sometimes, from them, I learn valuable lessons. Sometimes they are so senseless, but nevertheless are enough to make my day. Sometimes I could hardly contain my excitement that I would text my husband or my siblings or friends right away, to share the experience. Sometimes they seem so blog-worthy (at least for me) but alas, I wish I always have the time (and the Internet) to do it.

I’ve become a forgetful person (thanks to anesthesia) that sometimes, I want to put all those happenings and emotions and thoughts in a bottle, and write them down when I find the time (like now).  So I decided to come up with this to capture them somehow – and laugh, cry, or frown again and again.

 
July 23, 2008

  • On my way to the office, it was quiet inside the van, as most of us were starting to doze off. Suddenly, the driver stepped on the brakes. I shouted, “Ay!!!” Shucks, ako lang ang nagreact at ako lang ang maingay. I said “Sorry” to my katabi and parang to everyone na din. But nobody was paying attention. Hmp, sayang lang sorry ko. Wala namang pumansin.
  • The first day of our new boss – the big boss of Sales. He went straight to our floor (where he is temporarily based) and fortunately, he was greeted by one of our department heads. He proceeded to his room, and someone shouted, “Joh, ihatid mo naman si Sir.” So, takbo naman si Ms. Joh. Afterwards, our HR VP was rushing, too. “Ano ba yan, sabi ko sa guards, sa akin muna papuntahin. Hahahahahaha.” Don’t worry, that’s how she really laughs. It's contagious, mind you. But you end up laughing at her, not with her. Pero mabait naman si Ma'am.
  • I found out later the bosses were giving a despedida dinner to our former big boss. And guess what, the dinner is free, courtesy of the cash prize Abi and I won in the Blazing Race. And I wasn’t even invited to the dinner. Sana masarap yung kinain nila.
  • Preparing to go home, I took off my gold-and-brown high-heeled shoes. Putting them inside a plastic bag, I muttered, “Nag-heels pa naman ako. Akala ko i-introduce tayo kay Sir. Hindi pala.” Natawa tuloy sila. You see, I rarely wear heels in the office. It was supposed to be a special day. So I went home in my gold Crocs Prima.
  • Inside the van, there was only me inside and a guy at the front seat. A woman opened the door and said, “Wala pang laman.” Inirapan ko nga, ano kaya kami? Loko siya.
  • I love this Trebuchet font and I started to use them in all my correspondences. Cute di ba?
  • I forgot to buy ballpens for Cae. Magagalit yun. Buti na lang, meron sa tindahan sa kanto. 5pesos lang.
  • When Alex comes home, ikukuwento ko nga lahat ito.

2 comments:

  1. wahahahaha! pammy! you rock! tawa ako ng tawa. shempre naintindihan ko naman daw ang mga kwento kasi kilala ko ang mga involved. nyahahahaa! that scene with ms. Joh is funny. hahaha! and you end up laughing at her ha. hahahahaa! bumawi pa. mabait naman daw si ma'am. nyahahahha! at tama ka, sana nga masarap ang kinain ng mga hitad. loko mga yun ah. dapat kasama kayo dun. magpoprotesta nga ako sa mga kinauukulan! in fairness. andun din ako sa office kahapon mula umaga hanggang mga after lunch but i didn't get a glimpse of the new big boss. hmmmm... at ka-floor pa pala namin siya. and yes, trebuchet is nice. yun laang. heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aliw ang listahan mo ng kwento ate ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥