Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

For The Next Time

Rating:★★★
Category:Movies
Genre: Romance
I finally managed to catch FTFT with my daughter over the weekend, first screening 1230pm Cinema 4 at SM Muntinlupa.

I went inside the theater with no expectations. I didn't read the reviews so I won't get biased. I didn't want to analyze it and I wasn't looking for depth or perfection. I just wanted to see Richard and KC together and I just wanted to have a good time after a hard week in the office.

KC could be better. Richard is fine. For someone who has watched Kamandag closely and has been watching his seryes (Kapuso po si Good Girl), I can say that, in all fairness to Chard (uy, tight kami), I didn't see a bit of Vergel or Grecko (Asero) here. He was, well, Seth.

For her first movie, KC's crying scenes are ok but please, in her next ones, kindly teach her the basics of cinematic crying (if ever there's such a thing). Because, even though her crying seems real (heaving chest, hindi makahinga, as in tears are really everywhere, etc), feeling ko hindi pang-movie. Dapat may subtlety. Also, I find the last scene kinda mawkish (mag-speech ba!).

Most of Annabelle Rama's wards are in the movie (even Eddie Gutierrez who played Richard's dad was there). I was waiting for her to show up as well.

Star Cinema had an opportunity to put some of its oh-so-many starlets to work. Especially the Pinoy Big Brother ex-housemates. Nah, forgetful faces and names.

Nor Domingo and Candy Pangilinan are the best. I've become a fan of Nor after watching his movie Bigtime. I'm sure you've also seen him in the Coffeemate TVCs.

I was amazed at KC's full figure. The cleavage! I loved her clear LV bag and the blue one (I didn't quite catch the tag, though).

And Greece is not a place for those with vertigo. Puro hagdan! But the sunset is spectacular.

So, did we have a good time? Hmmm, sige na nga pwede na. Naiyak at na-touch naman ako ng slight (even though I never did like Kuya Ipe). Basta, my last thought was, with a quick glance at Cae, who was also tearful (hay naku, madaling umiyak yan kahit anong movie as in "Best in Actress"), ang hirap talaga magpalaki ng anak. Whatever.

GMA Films, you're next. Make it (more) real.

2 comments:

  1. Have no plans of watching it, but then again I don't really watch Filipino movies. No comment except that they're both Globe endorsers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sponsoran ninyo naman! ang garnier at sony cybershot, may mga moments dun hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥