Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mental Snapshots 0901

Oh my, I really miss blogging a lot. Sometimes I wish I have a laptop and could go online anytime. I find it so tedious to turn on our PC at home, that and our slow dial-up connection courtesy of PLDT Vibe.

 

Well, the past weeks saw us paying our last respects to my uncle, Mama's youngest bro, who succumbed to heart attack at the age of 58. I remember him taking care of us when we were kids in QC while my mom was still working.  In the mid-80s, he went abroad and left his family.

 

After this, our relationship with my aunt became unpleasant and this of course affected their children, my cousins. I found this sad considering those three kids were my only first-degree cousins from my mom's side (there are four of them actually, the other one being Mama Diche's daughter who lived with us for a while). That’s why I have this certain longing for cousins. I never had a cousin who’s close to me or one whom I grew up with. Unlike my three siblings who each had a cousin-barkada.


Anyway, our plan was to have my uncle laid to rest in my mom's lot in BiƱan, besid
e Mama Diche. But Choy (Christine), the youngest of his three children, came and requested that she be allowed to take care of her father’s burial. Choy brought along her husband and two kids. They so reminded me of her when she was young. Considering she wasn't given a chance to know her dad well, I find this admirable. 

 

Imagine, she grew up not knowing her dad, all of a sudden he’s back but he didn’t come home to live with them. I remember Choy, who was eight or nine then, with an innocent look on her face, telling us, “Pag naman nakita ninyo ang Papa ko, ipakilala ninyo naman sa akin.”

 

While we weren't given the chance either to talk much, I am happy that I saw her again. She married quite young and I'm glad that she seems to have a good life. Her eldest brother is now in the US with his family, and her Ate is now an optometrist.

Then, there's Alex's Mauban project which is burning his pockets and into which he spends most of his time and energy. Harvest season will soon come. I can’t wait for the day when sacks of rice are being dropped off at my doorstep. Rice all you can, Capiz family!

 

Cae is still not over Edward Cullen and the Twilight series. Twilight the Movie is coming to the Philippines on Nov. 20. As early as now, she’s making plans how to get to the theater as early as she could. She seems to have forgotten Ney

Dimaculangan (6cyclemind), tsk tsk. Typical of Cae. 

On the other hand, my little (or should I say big) prince is attacking his books like crazy. Caehl has grown tired of his Almanac (after mastering the 12 months of the year, the 7 days of the week, animal kingdom, Solar System, USA’s 50 states, and the flags of the world) and his books Birth of Christ and Jeremy Fisher. Actually, we were scared when for a time, he was staring at the Table of Elements. I told him, “Chemistry is for Ate Cae, not for you yet.” He’s a TV junkie. He loves MYX Daily Top Ten, horse racing, and videoke (yes, he is into singing. I hope this is not because I was so fond of videoke nung naglilihi pa ko). His current favorites are KC Concepcion, Hale’s Leap of Faith, and watching his videos in my cellphone. Below is his photo wearing Ate Cae's headbands. He puts them on, covering his eyes, and says, "I can't see." Now, he wears one below his nose while reading, and when asked what the headband is for, he says, "Glasses to read."




3 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥