Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Kung tayo'y matanda na (A Birthday Post)

I'm too old for birthday wishes - I am 37.
 
Secondly, when my father got hospitalized a week ago, I promised the Lord I won't be asking for anything on my birthday, or even celebrate my birthday at all, just spare him from surgery. This is why I've been trying to ignore my sister Lea's text asking what I want to get this year.
 
A few days before I got her text, I have actually been listing down some items I'd buy (if and when I have the money). The list includes:
  • a pair of chocolate Crocs Malindi (which I have been eyeing after scoring a silver pair from Lea, although I'm still a Havs addict) or a pair of brown patent peep-toe pumps (kahit hindi branded)
  • a pair of colored jeans (preferably purple, kahit hindi branded)
  • new make-up (a blush stick would do)
  • a new red belt (to go with my red shoes and to replace the old one I have)
  • a new DVD player (actually, I wanted a Karavision but a simple player is more affordable)
  • 4R picture frames (DON'T laugh now but I do LOVE picture frames)
  • a rechargeable fan or lamp (in case of brown-outs. Again, DON'T laugh, it's the mom in me speaking here), and
  • a dresser for Cae (what is Cae doing here? Isn't this my birthday list!).
 
Going over my list, I realize once again how easy I am to please. These are simple stuff, actually. For someone who appreciates towels, note pads, hankies, and pens as gifts, I guess I'm doing ok. Good girl di ba.
 
Last Saturday, while I was out with Cae, I saw a copy of Coraline (Neil Gaiman). I've been looking for one ever since I saw its synopsis in a magazine. And guess what, National Bookstore-SM Muntinlupa had both hardbound and paperback editions - and discounted at that! How lucky can you get. So that ends the search for a birthday present for myself - a copy of Coraline. Again, don't laugh now - I am truly, madly, deeply happy with it.
 
Lastly, my 37th birthday-thanksgiving prayer includes (but not limited to) my parents, my wonderful siblings and my two children who give me so much joy (kahit na minsan hinihimatay ako sa mga kakulitan). Thank you for my job (yes, 12 1/2 years in Insular Life) which enables me to keep my house and car, continue to support my family and do what I do best. Thank you for friends who keep me insane (I don't want to be sane!). Thank you for the bridges that don't burn, and the doors that don't close.

Thank you, Lord, for loving me.
 


 

4 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥