Total Pageviews

Friday, September 18, 2009

Three-Eight (Part One)

Celebration actually started on the 16th. And it all began with a paper cutter.

My two officemates were talking and I was happily eavesdropping. Maricel was saying something about a paper cutter. And Abi was telling her of her dream to have a paper shredder, “Gusto ko yung de-battery para may tunog,” she said, mimicking the sound.

“Anong battery – yung nabibili o yung special?”

I butted in, “Bakit pag special ba, hindi binibili?”

“Ako naman,” I continued, “Gusto ko cheese grater. Saka yung egg-cutter.”

We all had a good laugh, saying how nice it was to have a kitchen (or tool) wish-list.

Then they went out for lunch.

When they got back, I was in the washroom. Maricel joined me and asked for some toothpaste. While waiting for her to hand me back the tube, Joyee my Mars barged inside and said I had a phone call. Reluctantly, I went out and when I reached my area, a Red Ribbon White Forest cake was all lit up, waiting for me!

It was fun being sung to, for a change. The candle was the sparkler-kind that refuses to go out even if you blow hard. We squealed each time it would light up again, as if our VP-boss was not in the next room (kakahiya kay Ma’am).

Then they said something else was inside the cake box. Because of previous tricks played on some of them, I was guessing, “Ano ito- brochures? Medical stubs?” Hindi daw. I reached inside and touched a box. Uy, keso?!! Hindi din daw.

It was a cheese grater.

I love it so much. Thank you all.

Part Two – in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥