Total Pageviews

Friday, March 20, 2015

This is a happy blog

Floating like a feather, pull me down I'm stuck in the clouds
-This Is A Happy Song, Hale (2008)



Do I miss being sad? Of course not. I haven’t been writing about sadness for quite a while. Do I miss it? No, I don’t. Although I admit I write more when I feel sad. I write easily owing to sadness because may pinaghuhugutan, or words pour out easily. And there are more subjects to write about. But I haven’t been sad lately.

I’m not saying I have everything. I don’t. And I won’t claim that my life is perfect. But I am happy with what I have, and I’m happy at this point in my life. They say that with less expectations, (you end up with) less disappointments. I mentioned in one of my blogs that I have been praying for something, asking Him for something I want so badly. But He just won’t give in. Or maybe I already have the answer. He gave me other things, more than I think I deserved. Maybe that’s His answer – Pam, I’ll give you something else.

I love my 7am-4pm daily routine. I love my work. In fact, this is the time of the year when I get to tackle my most favorite event – our annual awards night. I remember texting my boss to thank her for keeping me in the Program Committee. And she texted back, saying she’s glad. I love the work-life balance that my job offers. I get to spend time with my kids (although Cae’s shift is forever changing). I can window-shop (or actually shop) while doing errands and have lots of ‘me’ time. My bedroom is my sanctuary and there, I can write on my journal, watch PBA and Grimm and Vikings and old movies, and surf the net. Caehl and I have our mom-and-son moments. We would discuss anything, or should I say, he “lectures” about anything – like what makes humans different, chemical elements, light years, constellation, life beyond Earth, solutions to light pollution, ironic photos. Caehl and I have the same brand of humor. We laugh together a lot, and we hug each other a lot. Sometimes, I wait for my husband to pick me up, and we would watch a movie or have dinner before going home. When he’s home early, I take comfort in listening to him on the keyboard, playing classical pieces. Although I seldom hang out with Cae since she started working, I look forward to spending time with her - eating out, shopping. And then there are my siblings, even if it means just exchanging Viber group messages. My sister-in-law. My niece. My nephews. My friends. My cooking. My writings. My bags. My Havs. These are my happy times. They are my happy place. And even if I tend to write less of them, it doesn’t mean they’re less important. Helen Keller said, "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."

I wished I had left the computer running. Jill was right. There really was so much to write about.
-        from Writer’s Block, Pamela Acuña-Capiz, short fiction published in Celebrity World magazine
~
     ~TheGoodGirl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥