Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Twilight

The waiting is finally over.


 


Being a Twilight fan (thanks to Cae), I was among those who counted months and days to be able to see the movie and so I watched it last night with Alex (Cae was with her friends, a row above us), prepared to love every inch of it.


 


Somehow, I blame my Twilight trailer-info-still photos overload that I felt that actually watching it was sort of anti-climactic.

I'm happy that the baseball scene, my favorite in the book, was executed well. While reading that particular chapter, I remember not being able to breathe.



Edward in shades was really O.M.G.

I like the graduation caps mural and Edward playing the piano. And yes, Charlie's humor.

Was that Rob Pattinson’s "Never Think" playing in background during the dinner scene?

I had the notion that the movie was done assuming the audience is already familiar with the story so no need for character or emotion build-ups.



One of my officemates, Joey, hated it, saying it's the worst movie she's ever watched. Parang B-movie daw. But I was telling the others to just go out and watch it, following their own instinct. Because if you don’t, you’ll enter the theater na biased na, ready to dislike the movie. So it’s only fair to let 'em have their own opinion.


 


I was expecting Cae to rave about it and scream her heart out but she has her own thoughts, in fairness.



For me, well let’s just say the book is better than the movie. The latter wasn't that gripping enough but as I've said, I was prepared to love the movie because I am a Twilight fan. It wasn’t as if we are expecting an Academy Awards nomination. I’d like to think that more than anything else, it was made for the fans. If disappointed fans or anyone else for that matter are still pushing for Tom Sturridge as Edward, well, you can say you’re vindicated but this doesn’t mean we love Rob less.


 


Seeing Bella, Edward and the rest of the Cullens on screen was like seeing old friends again after a while.


 


And seeing Twilight the movie, at least, I can now close this chapter in my life.


 


Next: New Moon




2 comments:

  1. isa pang napaka-poging english actor hehehe friends sila actually ni edward este ni rob. dapat siya sa "jumper" but was replaced by hayden. he'll be in the 2009 movie "the boat that rocked"

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥