Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Tale of a Good Day

I always believe that nothing beats starting your birthday with a date with the Lord. After the Mass, I found myself looking forward to a blissful day. Ang gaan-gaan ng feeling!

Since it's a Friday (thank God for birthday leaves), my two children were in school (Caehl thought it was a holiday since I didn't go to the office) and Alex had to work, of course. I had my usual cup of brewed coffee but I felt like I was in Tagaytay - complete with garlic rice and crispy tawilis. Then I turned on the PC to check out FB and my emails. My cellphone just kept on tooting and I happily replied to each and every birthday message.

An hour later, I heard the gate and my little boy was home. "Ang bilis naman," I told Nanay Ev who replied that Caehl was the first one to finish the exam.

Then I got a text from my Kumareng Joyee that there's a cake for pick-up at the Red Ribbon branch in Pacita. She said they couldn't deliver so I did pick up the White Forest cake she got for me. Thank you Joyee my Mars! My friends know how much I love white chocolate.

I texted my Ate and my niece to drop by during dinner for a simple salo-salo (white spaghetti with chicken and mushrooms, Joyee's cake, and Chooks-to-go chicken). Later, Alex brought home Mary Grace brownies.

I love my gifts - bracelets from my mom, a pair of red flats from Cae, a red bag from my officemate and good friend Maricel, and a Goldilocks Dulce de Leche roll from my neighbors (Isaac Family).

At 12mn, I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and heavy winds. It's one of the longest 15 minutes of my life as I continuously prayed that it would stop. I was afraid it would cause a flood that I think I called on all the angels and saints. Please let it stop. Please let it stop.

The next morning, it was as if nothing happened. We went to Shopwise for our weekly grocery and had a hearty lunch at Army Navy Burger + Burrito (The Commerce Center, Alabang). "Come in Hungry, Walk out Happy," the sign said. Thank you, Daddy, for the treat.

I am 'ty-nine. I'd like to thank everyone who made my day special - family, old friends, new friends, Kapuso, Kapamilya, Kapatid, my daughter's friends Thank you for the love.

"All that I am, all that I do, All that I'll ever have, I offer now to you."

Thank you, Lord, from The Good Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥