Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thoughts on and (almost a) Tribute to a Treasured Trilogy

Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

Next to the Godfather and Matrix (well, I’ve also seen Spiderman, Superman, Star Wars, Terminator and X-Men but), my favorite trilogy of all times and the best ever made for me is of course The Lord of the Rings.

One weekend, we found ourselves watching one DVD after another, starting with (guess what) Beauty and the Beast, then Toy Story 1&2, and perfectly capping the marathon with LOTR.

I remember when I was pregnant with Caehl and I didn’t know yet if the baby was going to be a boy or girl, I wanted the name Caehla Arwen Eowyn.

I also remember how my youngest sister Lea, a certified J.R.R. Tolkien fan when she was a kid, used to write in Middle Earth language.

Seeing and enjoying the trilogy all over again, Alex and I wondered how much bonus the cast received and how they are doing now. They must have gotten so much that they can afford not to be seen.

Where are they now?

Elijah Wood – I can never see him past Frodo Baggins. Just recently, the 29-year old actor was reported to have broken up with his longtime girlfriend.

Liv Tyler – “Arwen” has a five-year old son named Milo and is last seen in the movie The Incredible Hulk.

Viggo Mortensen – my Aragorn. Can you believe he’s 50? We saw him last in The Road, a film on a post-apocalyptic world.

Orlando Bloom – the Golden Boy with the breath-taking stunts and funny exchanges with Gimli. Twenty-seven year old “Legolas” married supermodel Miranda Kerr who is now four-months pregnant.

    * Sean Astin – Lent his voice to Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel.
    * Sean Bean – “Boromir’s” 4th wife recently divorced the actor.
    * Dominic Monaghan – The “Lost” star is featured alongside Megan Fox in Eminem and Rihanna's new video for “Love The Way You Lie.” Yup, he was making out with Megan.
    * Ian McKellen – Yes, Sir Ian McKellen is also Magneto, and please get over it =)
    * Cate Blanchett – the ethereal "Queen Galadriel”, Academy Award winner Cate’s recent movies include The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Robin Hood.
    * Billy Boyd – “Pippin” is reported to be the first LOTR star to “end up broke.”
    * Miranda Otto – “Eowyn” is said to be dating David Wenham, who is “Faramir.”
    * Andy Serkis – “My precious” is said to be reprising his role as Gollum in The Hobbit. He will also play Caesar in the new Planet of the Apes film, Rise of the Apes.

Sam: I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales.

Oh yes, Sam, definitely.

Note: Watch out for the 2nd part of this entry.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥