Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Whatchama-CAEHL-it XXIX



Caehl actually didn’t want to go with us to the hospital (Medical Center Muntinlupa) for Ate Cae’s spinal x-ray yesterday. But somehow, I managed to persuade him to come along. When Alex was dropping us off at the lobby, he didn’t want to get off.

In the reception area, the technician was asking me questions, the little boy was replying, too, that the former said, “Mauubusan ako ng ingles sa iyo (I will run out of English because of you).”

While we were waiting for Ate Cae’s turn, a woman whose built is similar to my mom’s, entered the area.

“Mama?” Caehl asked us. “Like Mama?” he repeated.

He went near the woman and kept on looking at her. He touched her arm, and when she looked at us questioningly, I said, “Magble-bless po.”

She was surprised but at the same time, she gave her hand to Caehl. She said, “Ang bait naman.”

Before she went out, she told us, “Naku, ang bait siguro niyan. Bihira na ang batang nagble-bless ngayon.”

“Thank you po,“ I told her.

Ate Cae and I were the only ones allowed inside the x-ray room. When I heard Caehl crying, I went out. It turned out he wanted to come with us, so I just asked Alex to join Cae while I comforted the little boy.

The same woman told her companion (her daughter), “Yan yung sinasabi kong batang nag-bless sa akin kanina.”

They asked Caehl his name, age, school, teacher, and grade.

“Ang ganda ng katawan.”

“Ang galing, marunong ng English and Tagalog.”

They kept on praising him and talking about him as if we were not there.

The woman and I chatted for a while and I learned that we live in the same village. What a coincidence. When I told her my name (Acuña), she thought it was familiar. Then it was time for us to go.

It’s not the first time Caehl did that. Anywhere we go, even when he’s just strolling with his Nanay Ev or Ate Doobs in our village, he would take the hand of the elderly people whom we (or they) come across. And most of the time, they are delighted.

I hope he will keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥