Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

5 years ago...

Reposting an old blog as I recall the day I gave birth to Caehl 5 years ago...
***
Is it already a week ago?

Last Thursday, October 13, at 11:19am, CAEHL ANDRE EUAN completed my family and my life. Caehl is quite big at 7.7lbs (3.5kgs) and 52 cms. He arrived earlier than we expected (his due date is actually Oct. 23) but I knew it was different when I had a brown discharge evening of Oct. 12. The night before, I think I was already having early labor pains. I hardly slept that night, in fact. I was in a bad mood after receiving a call from a father of one of Cae's classmates who accused my daughter of writing on his uniform. I didn't know the full story so I wasn't able to defend Cae, and I felt bad about it. I just told the father that I would replace the polo with a new one - end of the story.

Anyway, when I saw the discharge, I already alerted Alex and my sister Pinky. I said it might be a false alarm but I'm on my toes just in case. I managed to survive another 4 hours of pain, I could have managed more but I suddenly thought, what if it's already time and Alex is already in the office? At half past 12mn, I told my husband the pain wouldn't stop anymore. He suggested going to the doctor to have myself checked and then we'll just go home if it's not yet time. Ok, I said. We went to the bank first to get money and off we went to the ER. I was only 1cm dilated but the ER doctor said I had to stay because my cervix was already thin. I thought I was dreaming, Alex was asking, "Mommy, di na ba false alarm? Di na tayo papauwiin?" I even walked my way to my room at the 2nd floor and to the delivery room, can you beat that?

At the labor room, the clock ticked away oh-so slowly . 2am, 3am, 4am...the pain was unbearable. 5am, 6am, 7am...two baby girls were delivered before Caehl. I could hear my OB-Gyne in the next room. I would doze off every now and then but would wake up each time the contractions came. I could still converse with the nurses, though. Then my OB said I was already 7-8 cms. I'll be sedated, she said, and she'll give something for the pain. But I don't think they ever did because the pain was everywhere. Two nurses were assisting my doctor and I could hardly understand what they're trying to tell me. They were all speaking at the same time and I didn't know whom to follow or to listen to. It was hard to push. When they said the baby was coming, all I could do was sob the pain away…All I wanted was to sleep, I didn’t even see Caehl coming out. I just…fell asleep!

And the rest, as they say, is still making history… 


2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥