Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2015

An Empty Jar

Inside my mind
And heart,
There is a library of memories.
The memories are contained in jars,
Categorized into years
And persons.

Like if I want to remember a certain year, I can just take out the jar labeled with that year, open its lid and release the memories. Or if I want to reminisce about a certain person, I will pick out the one bearing his or her name, and again, help myself to the memories I kept inside the jar.


- Memory Jars, Tales of The Good Girl, September 2014




When I opened one of my memory jars a year ago, I consequently released pent-up memories and things that happened which I thought would forever be at the backseat of my mind.

Back then, when I decided to put away this particular jar, I placed it where I would never see it again. I would always hold back each time there was something that would remind me of this year, and of certain persons in my life during this year. I have managed, for the longest time, to confine such experiences to my memory bank’s “black hole”, hoping they will disappear and never come back to haunt me, and hurt me.

I thought they were all gone. I never knew that opening that jar will make me remember and feel again the joys, the thrills, the fears, the disappointments, and the pains. Many times, I would tell myself to replace the lid and close the jar again, and put it back where it belongs – the past. There were times though that I thought the jar would remain open forever. But that was not going to happen.

Perhaps, to close the jar and return it to the shelf is not enough. Perhaps, it would be best if I take out all the contents, or shake the jar and throw everything in it away. That way, even if it remains open, it would be empty. And all the memories inside would forever be forgotten. And I would be finally free.

Thank you for the memories...


~TheGoodGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥