Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Joy Beyond Compare

Tell me when will you be mine
Tell me quando, quando, quando
We can share a love divine
Please don’t make me wait again

When will you say ´yes´ to me?
Tell me quando, quando, quando
You mean happiness to me
Oh, my love, please tell me when

Ev´ry moment´s a day
Ev´ry day seems a lifetime
Let me show you the way
To a joy beyond compare

I can´t wait a moment more
Tell me quando, quando, quando
Say it´s me that you adore
And then, darlin´, tell me when

I think I posted somewhere that my mom is a longtime fan of Engelbert Humperdinck.

To kids below 30, Engelbert Humperdinck (born Arnold George Dorsey, May 2, 1936) is an international singer who rose to fame during the 1960s and 1970s, He adopted the name of the famous German opera composer  Engelbert Humperdinck as his own.

We grew up with his songs as the soundtrack of our humble lives (along with Perry Como and Johnny Mathis), that my siblings and I know all his songs by heart. Engelbert’s popular songs include:

•    "Am I That Easy to Forget"
•    "Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You"
•    "Release Me"
•    "The Last Waltz"
•    "Ten Guitars"
•    "There's a Kind of Hush"
•    "Il Mondo (My World)"
•    "Misty Blue"
•    "Yours Until Tomorrow"
•    "After the Lovin'"
•    "Quando, Quando, Quando"
•    "Wonderland by Night"
•    "A Man Without Love"
•    "From Here To Eternity"
•    "Spanish Eyes"
•    "Funny Familiar Forgotten Feelings"
•    "This is My Song"
•    "There Goes My Everything"
•    "The Way It Used To Be"
•    "Two Different Worlds"
•    "A Place In The Sun"
•    "Everybody Knows (We're Through)"
•    "What Now My Love"
•    "Winter World Of Love"

Now, he'll be having a concert in Araneta on June 22 (I think this is his 2nd or 3rd Manila concert), and my youngest sister Lea considered giving my folks concert tickets as a wedding anniversary gift (their 44th on June 18). She said she got good seats and there was a mad scramble in SM as she got them.

This morning as she gave the tickets to Mama, she said Mama was teary-eyed. As Engelbert’s fan for almost half of her life, this would be her first time to see him in person, singing her favorite songs. Sing with him, Mama. Go ahead and don’t be shy. With every beat of your heart.

Love me with all of your heart
That's all I want, love
Love me with all of your heart
Or not at all

Just promise me this
That you'll give me all your kisses
Every winter every summer
Every fall

When we are far apart
Or when you're near me
Love me with all of your heart
As I love you

Don't give me your love
For a moment or an hour
Love me always as you love me
From the start
With every beat of your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts. Good Vibes ♥